So I have a serious case of the "startsies but never finishies" or also a great case of moving piles from one area to the next area. (Thank you Mom :) ) So I have delegated my husband, more like insisted, that he pushes me to finish things. Pushes me to FOCUS on the task at hand...
This brings me to one of my New Years goals...To write at least ONCE a month in a blog. Funny thing is, I think I can do much more, but setting my goal to be attainable allows me to complete this with confidence. I don't have a clear vision of what this blog will be unfortunately, but I believe this will bring creativity, innovation, and birth something even bigger than I have imagined. I envision a little bit of my cooking, some photography, some sewing/craft projects, our family activities, and prayerfully someday our growing family.
Lets start with the love of my life: My Husband, Adam.
We met on eharmony.com on April 2, 2010. Yes, it does work!! (we are working on our video for the commercial soon)
This is the day he asked me to marry him! My life has been full of laughter, smiles, and just plain fun since I met him. I'm sure I will continue to brag about him as much as I can...because I am one blessed woman to have this man in my life!
We got married June 12, 2011
And honeymooned in Fiji !!
We lived three months in Broomfield, in a cute little one-bedroom apartment and prayed the Lord would bring Adam a job in the area since neither of us wanted to reside in Colorado Springs forever.
And he did! Adam is now the PE teacher at Niwot Elementary and coaching Varsity baseball at the High School. Go Cougars! So after three months in a little one bedroom apartment, which was slanted, ha, we were blessed with a diamond in the rough in Lafayette, CO. Well, really its a cute three bedroom, one bath for a steal of a deal. Its older, but just perfect for us. I do hand wash dishes everyday (no dishwasher) but its worth the location and cute 87 year old landlord that we share a backyard with! Seriously, we are more than blessed with this house. (More pictures to come)
We have already celebrated many things here and especially our first Christmas and real tree. (I know this is awhile ago, but I am proud of our cute short tree!)
Now its Spring time and things are just starting to come alive again. Our grass is finally turning green, still have a way to go, but we are glad to finally see a little bit of life after snow stayed in our front yard all winter.
This is our life as the Strah's so far. Loving it. Beyond blessed the Lord has brought such a loving, humble man into my life. Hope you enjoy this journey with us, Capturing Life Through a Strah!


Great job Brooke! Love the part part about being a startsie... I think that just comes with us being creative people :):) we have too many things we'd like to try and do. :) I wil be adding this to my blog list!
ReplyDelete